Healthcare Linen: The Key to Patient Satisfaction
The healthcare industry requires outstanding sanitary procedures and patients have come to expect nothing less than perfection. Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) are a significant risk and need to be thoroughly prevented. The key to patient satisfaction is regularly maintaining a clean facility. This will reduce the chance of HAIs and create a healthy environment that will bring peace of mind to patients.
When you use a healthcare linen management service like GenMed, you ensure that all your medical linens and uniforms are being tracked and sanitized properly.
Clean, Quality Linen Improves the Patient Experience
Healthcare facilities are already full of sick patients and hazardous materials. The last thing a patient wants on their mind is the uncertainty about the cleanliness of their linens. Worrying about laying in a dirty bed or wearing soiled linens is the last thing a patient needs when they aren’t feeling their best.
A study from the International Journal of Health Sciences has shown that clean bedding and clean clothes installs psychological confidence in both the patients and the public, enhancing their faith in the services rendered by the hospital. All the more reason to implement best practices for healthcare linens and continuously train staff to carry out the procedures correctly.
The Hidden Benefits of Using Healthcare Linen
Not only are patients more mentally and physically comfortable when clean healthcare linens are used, but they are also getting hidden benefits they might not be aware of. Here are some of the lesser-known benefits of healthcare linen:
- It’s gentle on sensitive skin
- The natural fibers in linen are less likely to cling to your skin keeping the skin hydrated and less irritated.
- Healthcare linen does not affect patients with allergies and does a great job at preventing the growth of bacteria.
- Soaking up extra moisture aids in preventing the growth of bacteria, which in turn keeps the linen smelling clean.
- Healthcare linen does not cling to your body like other healthcare materials
- Very durable
- Other kinds of cotton can change in color and fade over time. Healthcare linens actually become softer as it ages making them more comfortable.
- Having airflow is a natural temperature regulator allowing for a comfortable sleep at all times.
- Environmentally friendly
- Fewer chemicals and water is used in the manufacturing process of healthcare linen. It can also be reused after properly cleaning, making it more eco-friendly than its disposable counterpart.
Optimize Your Laundering with a Healthcare Linen Management Service
The healthcare industry can be incredibly hectic and has many moving parts behind the scenes. It can be difficult to keep track of where everything is located in a process. Making use of a healthcare linen management service from GenMed can help you stay on top of your laundry. Don’t worry about getting behind or not having enough clean sheets or clothes for your patients. GenMed will keep everything running smoothly with weekly deliveries of fresh linens and more.
Thinking about taking advantage of a healthcare linen management service? Contact us today and learn more about how GenMed can assist you!